Final Animation

Below is my final product for this project in Semester A. The animation itself has achieved all of the criteria for the competition at being: 20 seconds long, having a resolution of 1280 x 720 at 30fps and also being titled accordingly for its submission to Vimeo within the 2017 X-Particles Challenge Page.

XPC2017-Andrew Cartwright from Andrew Cartwright on Vimeo.

In addition to my final product, I have also produced a high quality render of 1 shot from my animation. As the animation above had to rendered out at a low quality due to time constraints, I thought that providing some visuals as to how the animation should look at a high quality would be beneficial as together, they  show how the animation edited together with effects whilst also showing what the full quality versions would look like.

Overall, based on the fact that 12 weeks ago I didn’t know how to produce any of this, I am very happy with the animation. The way in which the I have utilised effects within post-production and also non-diegetic sound matches up to the vision in my head about how it would look – I feel that this was also aided by the smooth camera movement within C4D. However, I feel that I could have done a couple things differently which would have resulted in a higher quality product. Firstly, I would have focused on producing a higher detailed version of my storyboard that was more refined, I feel that storyboarding is the key to any good narrative based project as it full allows rigid and critical ideas to be at the core of the animation from the start. I should have storyboarded better as I feel that the whole animation was very fractured, none of the shots made the animation flow. Also, further storyboarding would have allowed for the shot choices and compositions of those shots to be more aesthetically pleasing, this would have be achieved by idea being refined and revised as it would have been through about more clearly.

Additionally, I also could have produced a low-poly video of the basic shot and composition for the animation, this would have allowed me to see before rendering if there was anything that needed changing regarding to the shots. Overall, this would have saved me lots of time when rendering as I would have only needed to render each shot once, instead of multiple times if I made changes.