Idea Developments

After reflecting on my decision to go with Cinema 4D for my final project, I have been searching online for different competitions that I could enter using the software. As I was fairly open to creating an animation, I started to conduct generic searches in google to which didn’t lead to much success due to a number of factors –  the main two being the time of year and the broadness of the search.

Finally, after a lot of searching I came across a really useful website called Animation Festivals which was purely dedicated to hosting different animation events that were and currently are going on around the world. After scrolling through the list of different competitions I found one that I could potentially enter for next semester – this would allow for a perfect amount of preparation this semester before creating the concept next semester.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 20.01.46 Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 20.06.55

Above are two screen grabs of the Animation Festival website showing the different competitions that are running this year – the only downside to this is that none of them are put into any type of order and there was no ability to filter them. After scrolling through a lot of the competitions, I have come across a few that might be work entering for next semester as this semester would allow for plenty of time to learn and prepare Cinema 4D.

Below is a screen grab of the Trollywood Animation Festival in Sweden, this is a competition that is running next year from the 17 May – 19 May 2018. This competition would be good to enter as it is being held right around the same time as our deadlines are due in. In addition, the Animayo Competition in Spain could also be a contender for one of the events I submit my work to as it is being held on the 30 April – 5 May 2018. However, the submission date for any work is due in a bit earlier on the 1 March which could be the only negative.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 20.07.07