Motion Graphic Testing

Within my scene, whenever the audience first see’s the geometric cube I want a bit of motion graphics work to ‘grow’ from the cube and reveal the name of the object. This is most notably done in Guardians of the Galaxy where the main characters travel to a new planet, the decoder effect is then used to reveal the planet name to the audience as well as giving conventional planetary co-ordinates to further denote the space/travelling theme. To replicate this, I have found a text effect within Adobe After Effects called ‘Decoder’ which randomises each letter of the desired text, and within a specific timeframe it flickers through a select number of letters to reveal the correct one (and this is done one letter at a time, creating a really pleasing effect).

The video above is the final iteration of the test and clearly demonstrates the aesthetic I’m trying to go for – this will be of a much higher quality when it comes to final piece and will be coloured accordingly, however, the main objective of this was to see if I could do it. Again, when it comes tot he final piece I aim to use the motion tracker inside of After Effects to make the graphic ‘stick’ to the geometric cube – further giving it a higher quality level.