X-Particles Testing

After conducting research on X-particle materials, I set about re-creating my scene from before utilising the knowledge I had gained from watching the tutorial on youtube. I took a screen recording to show my workflow and I also experimented with trying to get the emitter object or the torus to rotate, this was to see if I could get the particles to rotate too.

Overall, the testing went well as I was able to produce something very similar to what I had envisioned and storyboarded. At the beginning, I made the x-particle system form a ring that stay relatively close together when particles were emitted from it – this was due to tweaking the xpSpeed settings and changing it to a negative value so that as the timeline continued to play, the particle speed slowed down. Additionally, I was able to colourise the particles with bright colours from a gradient that also had a glossy texture to them, I feel this element alone was good in comparison to the first test I conducted as the spheres seemed for 3D instead of just being flat objects. As well as the particle colour, I created an oversized sphere with a material added to it to create the background – within the test animation you can see faint white dots on the background which is apart of the texture called Starfield which is very convenient as it looks very attractive.

However, with the success of employing all my learned knowledge into the test, I wasn’t able to get the ring of spheres or the emitter to rotate. I feel like the solution to this might be very simple, however, due to having little exposure time to the software, Im probably just missing it.I will have to conduct some further research into this section and if unsuccessful, I think I will be able to get around this by panning the camera to create the same effect.