Final Abstract Cube Creation

As the project deadline is coming close, I have started to make the final adjustments to my project. The videos below show my workflow of how I created the abstract cube as well as discussing key elements within the process that I felt needed highlighting – this process required me to gather all my learned knowledge & research about C4D, lighting, mograph and render settings in order to complete the final asset that will be used within my project.

Part 1

As this was a long process, it was split into 2 parts – the video below is part 1 and focuses on the initial section in Illustrator and After Effects. I discuss key elements about the process as well as highlighting some issues.

Part 2

Part 2 focuses on the Cinema 4D section of the project, as I explain some problems and difficulties I encounter. Unfortunately, I forgot to record the first half of the process which I had covered in my testing experiments, however, the point in which the video starts at is the next stage to complete after the testing video, so the whole process of how I created it is documented.

Renders

Here are the different renders I produced when checking effects of the setting alterations – as you can see they start from when the additional faces were added to the main cube and continue onwards to show small differences in the overall design. Within some renders multiple aspects are changed, from colour settings to light colours & positioning to camera positioning.

Cube development

Cube Dev 2

testFC3

render4

r6

r7

r8

r9

Overall, the renders produced show a good documentation of testing conducted on the cube. However, there are still key issues that need to be resolved such as the vibrancy – this needs made more vibrant as the cube looks very flat and washed out which I feel wont be eye-catching for the audience. Additionally, I should look into creating a light map or set of small illuminating objects to stick on the cube, this is to make it look like a machine or building which will further help reinforce the man-made notion I suggested about in my planning.